2019 Manufacturer of the Year
Rear Eject Trailer Installation
PHIL Supervised Installation for Rear Eject Trailers is required in an effort to ensure proper commissioning of the equipment. Installation supervisory assistance is available with a minimum of sixteen (16) days notice. Installation time may vary depending upon field conditions.
PHIL Rear Eject Trailer Field Installation Requirements:
- PHIL Rear Eject Trailer shipped fully fabricated, along with miscellaneous small parts.
- Mounting of hitch to truck chassis.
- Mounting of hydraulic manifold to trailer hitch arrangement.
- Connect plumbing from truck hydraulic system to hydraulic manifold.
- Attaching the axle(s) to the trailer along with the rims and tires.
- Mounting the trailer to the kingpin hitch.
- Insertion of the Ejector Blade (if unable to ship with ejector in place due to height restrictions).
- Connecting the hydraulic, electric and air lines (if required) between the truck / hitch arrangement and the trailer.
- Test, validate, and adjust PHIL Rear Eject Trailer as needed for proper operation.
- Truck chassis converted to "tractor mode" for use in pulling Rear Eject Trailer. Auxiliary trailer braking (hand brake and foot brake in cab are the responsibility of the customer.
- Truck mounted air (pneumatic) system â€“ if required, plumbed to the kingpin hitch.
- Location for hydraulic manifold return to hydraulic tank line to plumb into hydraulic tank; nurse tank for added hydraulic fluid per trailers requirements (if needed).
- Hydraulic hoses and fittings from truck hydraulic sources to trailer kingpin hitch.
- Two (2) service technicians, with welding experience.
- Welding equipment as necessary.
- Lifting equipment.
- Miscellaneous hand tools, pry bars, etc.
- O.E.M. body pads, pivot pins, and miscellaneous accessory hardware as needed.
Approximate Installation Time:
The approximate time required to install a PHIL Rear Eject Trailer in the field would be as follows, depending on product and upon the extend field conditions: 80 â€“ 120 man hours +/-
reach us at: