Included as part of each PHIL HiVol® Rear-Loading Lowboy Trailer purchase is Installation Supervision Assistance from our highly trained Installation Specialists.
Field Erection Requirements:
- Connect Lowboy sections and components together (all assemblies will be fully welded out and assembled, but spot welding may be required);
- Mounting of the rear axles;
- Mounting of the tires;
- Installation of the Kingpin Hitch to the truck chassis;
- Installation of optional equipment in the cab;
- Mounting of the Lowboy to the Kingpin Hitch;
- Connect hydraulic plumbing;
- Connect electric;
- Test and validation of the Lowboy Trailer.
- Two (2) customer specified / supplied hydraulic sources;
- Hydraulic hosts and fittings from truck hydraulic sources to trailer gooseneck;
- Prime Mover;
- Lifting equipment with operator;
- Two (2) service technicians with welding experience plus a helper;
- Welding equipment if necessary;
- Miscellaneous hand tools, pry bars, chains, etc.;
- OEM body pads, pivot pins (for hitch mounting) and miscellaneous accessory hardware as needed;
- Optional components as discussed and agreed upon during the order.
PHIL Supervisory Assistance:
Installation Assistance is available with a minimum of sixteen (16) days notice and is preferably arranged in advance of the trailer shipment. Installation time may vary depending upon field conditions.
Approximate Installation Time:
The approximate time required to install a PHIL HiVol® Rear-Loading Lowboy Trailer in the field depends on the extent of options, the trailer size and upon the exact field conditions. A typical trailer should take approximately 250 – 350 man hours +/- utilizing purchaser supplied technicians and PHIL installation supervisory assistance.