Rear Eject Trailer Installation
PHIL Supervised Installation for Rear Eject Trailers is required in an effort to ensure proper commissioning of the equipment. Installation supervisory assistance is available with a minimum of sixteen (16) days notice. Installation time may vary depending upon field conditions.
PHIL Rear Eject Trailer Field Installation Requirements:
- PHIL Rear Eject Trailer shipped fully fabricated, along with miscellaneous small parts.
- Mounting of hitch to truck chassis.
- Mounting of hydraulic manifold to trailer hitch arrangement.
- Connect plumbing from truck hydraulic system to hydraulic manifold.
- Attaching the axle(s) to the trailer along with the rims and tires.
- Mounting the trailer to the kingpin hitch.
- Insertion of the Ejector Blade (if unable to ship with ejector in place due to height restrictions).
- Connecting the hydraulic, electric and air lines (if required) between the truck / hitch arrangement and the trailer.
- Test, validate, and adjust PHIL Rear Eject Trailer as needed for proper operation.
- Truck chassis converted to "tractor mode" for use in pulling Rear Eject Trailer. Auxiliary trailer braking (hand brake and foot brake in cab are the responsibility of the customer.
- Truck mounted air (pneumatic) system – if required, plumbed to the kingpin hitch.
- Location for hydraulic manifold return to hydraulic tank line to plumb into hydraulic tank; nurse tank for added hydraulic fluid per trailers requirements (if needed).
- Hydraulic hoses and fittings from truck hydraulic sources to trailer kingpin hitch.
- Two (2) service technicians, with welding experience.
- Welding equipment as necessary.
- Lifting equipment.
- Miscellaneous hand tools, pry bars, etc.
- O.E.M. body pads, pivot pins, and miscellaneous accessory hardware as needed.
Approximate Installation Time:
The approximate time required to install a PHIL Rear Eject Trailer in the field would be as follows, depending on product and upon the extend field conditions: 80 – 120 man hours +/-