Water Tank Installation
Due to the size of most PHIL HiVol Water Tank's, it is often necessary to install them at the end user's facility. Requirements for such installations are below. Two options for Rear Eject Body Installation are available:
- Field installation with Supervisory Assistance
- Self installation by customer
Field Erection/Installation Requirements:
- Mounting of tank to truck chassis.
- Installation of the spray system controls in the cab.
- Connecting the tank soft-start valve and hydraulic motor to two (2) customer specified/supplied hydraulic sources.
- Connecting pneumatic system to tank (if applicable).
- Mounting of PHIL/customer supplied accessories to tank/truck. Items such as fill hole funnel, safety railings, etc., which due to shipping limitations cannot be installed at final water tank fabrication point are installed by the customer.
- Two (2) customer specified/supplied hydraulic sources.
- Hydraulic hoses and fittings from truck hydraulic sources to tank soft start valve and rear of tank.
- Air hoses from truck pneumatic system to tank (if applicable).
- Two (2) service technicians, with welding experience, to assist with tank installation.
- Welding equipment available (if necessary).
- Lifting equipment.
- Miscellaneous accessory hardware as required.
PHIL Supervisory Assistance
PHIL will provide a working supervisor to assist in commissioning the PHIL Water Tank for a nominal charge. This installation Supervisory Assistance is available with a minimum of sixteen (16) days notice, and is preferably ordered at the same time as the Water Tank. Installation time may vary depending upon field conditions.
Approximate Installation Time:
The approximate time required to install a PHIL Water Tank in the field would be as follows, depending on the number of options, the tank size and upon the extend field conditions:
HiVol® Water Tank: 80 – 120 man hours +/-