2019 Manufacturer of the Year
Body Replacement Floors
PHIL now offers a Patent Pending Body Replacement Floor that:
- Isdesigned specifically to operate in the unique and challenging environment of an oil sands mine.
- Have a body structure capable of handling thousands of loads from the world's largest shovels lasting for thousands of operating hours prior to rebuild.
- Are designed to haul a wide range of seasonally changing materials from rock hard frozen clay, till, shale, muskeg and oil sands ore in the winter to the soft, flowing and sticky oil sands ore in the summer months.
- Are built of extremely abrasion resistant steels used to combat the highly abrasive ore.
- Can withstand the rigors of the oil sands haul road under-footing which imposes severe stress, flexing and torsion on the body each trip it takes.
- Engineered to lessen or eliminate carry-back utilizing hydrophobic steel alloys in problem areas.
- Protect the truck and the driver by reducing the "loafing effect" commonly seen in oil sands operations during the dumping and material release.
- Designed to operate in the extreme cold and sometimes brutal weather conditions of the oil sands.
Every PHIL HiVolÂ® body is customized for the unique operation in which it will work. To date, PHIL has designed over 2,500 unique truck bodies which range from 10-ton articulated haulers used in the underground mines of Estonia to ultra class haulers operating in some of the largest open pit mines on the globe.
PHIL Oil Sands Bodies - Constructed with ultra-high strenth, abrasion resistant steels. Our HiVol bodies are constructed of steel with a nominal yield of 180,000 psi with a corresponding nominal Brinell hardness of 450+.
Balanced Load - Our HiVol Bodies for lighter density materials are engineered to provide an ideal load balance of 1/3 on the front axle and 2/3 on the rear axle.
Today's market demands high performance equipment to yield maximum productivity and profits. Philippi-Hagenbuch, Inc. off-highway truck bodies outperform the rest to keep your operation on track.
With every PHIL truck body, you get
PHIL truck bodies are specifically engineered to minimize body weight and maximize payload.
Each truck body is built with the lowest loading height, lowest center of gravity and best weight distribution for excellent stability and safer operation.
We build truck bodies for virtually any material hauled and for any make/model of off-highway trucks. No matter what your application, we have a truck body to make the most of your investment dollars.
reach us at: